Sunday, March 27, 2011

Journaling and other rabbit trails...

So, I haven't actually told anyone about this blog yet. Except my parents and my sister. Yet, no comments from them, psh. Some family.
I am not a big "bloggy" person, but the Lord has been on my case to write things down! Especially when he is speaking to me specifically or really reveals himself. I have continued to procrastinate with this concept of journaling, and I honestly type faster than I write, so that's a big reason for blogging right there. But, I also want to share what God is bringing me through and things I've learned in hopes that it might encourage someone else, too! I struggle with wondering why anyone would really care to hear what I have to say... I most certainly do not have it all together and the last thing I would want is to appear that I have it all figured out, therefore, read my blog. No, no, no! So, I argued that over with God for a while...that I still have so much to learn, I can't be used to minister to others like that yet...etc... I kinda think God thought it would be funny to use my own words against me. I had one of my many journals out recently--as I do every so often--intending to purge it from the old pages that reminded me of my inconsistencies (i.e. the entry dated 11-18-09, immediately followed by an entry dated 3-19-10) so that I could start using the journal 'fresh' and journal every day like a good little Christian (ha). As I neatly pulled out the small front portion to throw away, the first entry caught my eye. It was titled, "Ready in Season" and was an entry I had written about a portion I'd read from My Utmost for His Highest (a must-read) that day. I read through what I had written in the first few lines and here's what it said: (bear in mind, now, that this is in the same time that I'm arguing with the Lord about not being ready to be used...)

    2 Timothy 4:2 - 'Be ready in and out of season'. 'The season does not refer to time, it refers to us' (My Utmost). It means doing our best for God, whether we feel equipped, inspired, or prepared or not. 2 Timothy 3: 16-17 - 'All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.'

And so, here I am. :) Simply being obedient to God's calling to share with others and trusting him to do with it what he will. I do hope you are blessed by it. And share with me, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment